Occupation Health and Safety
What is OHSAS 18001 ?
OHSAS 18001 is an Occupation Health and Safety Assessment Series for health and safety management systems. It is intended to help an organization to control occupational health and safety risks. It was developed in response to widespread demand for a recognized standard against which to be certified and assessed. OHSAS 18001 has been developed to be compatible with the ISO 9001 (Quality) and ISO 14001 (Environmental) management systems standards, in order to facilitate the integration.of quality, environmental and occupational health and safety management systems by organizations, should they wish to do so.
What are the elements of OHSAS 18001 systems?
- Formulating and maintaining an Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) Policy.
- Planning for hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control
- Implementing and operating the system to achieve the policy aims
- Checking the effectiveness of the system and correcting deviations
- Reviewing the Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OHSMS) with top management.
Benefits of OHSAS 18001
- Improve efficiency and consequently reduce accident and production time loss
- Increase control and reduction of hazards through the setting of objectives, targets and evolved responsibility
- Demonstrate your commitment to the protection of staff, property and plant
- Demonstrate legal compliance
- Increase your reputation for safety and occupational health
- Reduce insurance premiums
- It is an integral part of a sustainability strategy.
- Encourage more effective internal and external communication
- Improve your safety culture
- A mark to demonstrate your organization’s commitment to excellence
How can we help?
We help organization with the help of our trusted partners meeting the requirements of Health and Safety legislation. The setting of targets through the Health and Safety policy, together with the on-going measurement against it ensures a process of continual improvement.